June 20, 2011

Coconut Lemon Bundt Cake

This bundt cake is magical - both moist and light, tart and sweet. The can of coconut milk makes this cake dense and smooth while lemon zest brightens it up. I love making bundt cakes because they are easy, inherently gorgeous, and travel well through turnstiles, onto busses and trains. This cake was intended as a surprise for co-workers, but as you can see, it didn't make it far past the kitchen door! I guess I'll have to make another.


I used Isa & Terry's recipe from Veganomicon but omitted 1/3 cup sugar. I made a quick glaze by mixing freshly squeezed lemon juice with confectioner's sugar and topped the cake with lightly toasted shredded coconut. You can toast coconut on a baking sheet in the oven, but I like to fry it up in a tablespoon of earth balance over medium-hot heat.
Delicious! Food is a gift, so share it (and if you somehow missed 2007 and haven't bought Veganomicon yet, now's the time)!

Enjoy,
NRG

No comments:

Post a Comment