November 18, 2012

The Veganette for Earth Eats: Lentil Tarragon Soup


    You'll have to forgive me for posting two soups in a row, but I've been obsessed with the ease (and low cost) of filling my big silver pot with all things imaginable. Soups are the perfect platform for culinary experiments. Try something new with your old soup recipes and if it doesn't work out you can always reverse it by adding more water, acid (lemon juice, vinegar, wine), sugar, or spices. I worked at a very delicious and well loved restaurant where we intentionally burned the onions in the lentil soup ever so slightly because one accidental burn yielded surprising results! So roll up your sleeves, raid the pantry, and join me in welcoming the most forgiving culinary season of the year, soup season! 

Find the recipe on the Earth Eats site- http://indianapublicmedia.org/eartheats/lentil-tarragon-soup/

Enjoy!
NRG  

1 comment:

  1. This looks really tasty. I'd probably make it without the oil, but I'm always a fan of a new lentil recipe!

    ps- Gabe is my office mate and he gave me your site. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete