May 22, 2011

Bagel Story: Brussels Sprouts, Fresh Dill and Sausage

When I first moved to Brooklyn I was eating a bagels all the time. Of course, it didn't help that I was living close to the best bagel store in the borough complete with a million varieties of flavored tofu cream cheese made in-house and cheap day-old dozens. In an attempt to save my body from utter collapse, I committed to cutting back on my bagel intake and am proud to say that I have done quite well. Every now and then though, on rainy days filled with the Sunday blues, I do relish in the jaw-weakening joy-filled land of Brooklyn bagels. Here is today's story.



Parts:
1 sesame bagel (toasted and smeared with earth balance)
fresh dill

Saute the below in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. Make yourself some good coffee while you're at it.
1/2 yellow onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 cup brussels sprouts (quartered and trimmed)
1 field roast (or otherwise) vegan sausage (sliced)
splash of soy sauce or Braggs (if you are still using that stuff!)
freshly ground pepper

Assemble and open wide!
NRG

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 24, 2011

    Glad the world didn't end on Saturday...

    ReplyDelete