May 22, 2011

Blackberry Apple Cobbler Bars

I have made my seventh and final move of this year. Woosh! There is an expansiveness to my new space that is very welcome and soon the kitchen will be in complete working order. Unfortunately, my computer is counted among the very many losses of the last few months, so you will have to bear with me as posts are guaranteed to be sporadic.




These Blackberry Apple Bars came into being at a friend's house last weekend. I was going to make a pie, but due to a lack of supplies threw together these super- easy and hassle-free bars. I imagine they would be delicious with any fruit filling (peaches would be great!).

To make, spread the oil pie crust dough in the bottom of a large rectangular baking pan. Poke with a fork and bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Prepare your fruit as necessary and sprinkle with a half-cup sugar and a tsp of cinnamon and flour. You may also choose to omit the sugar depending on the sweetness of your fruit.  Top with a crumble and bake for 40ish minutes, until browned on top. You can find recipes for both the oil pie crust and crumble by searching the blog at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!
NRG

1 comment: