June 14, 2012

Shooting with Film


It has been so good to return to shooting with film on my dad's old Minolta SR-T 101. I love this camera. I started experimenting with it in high school, learned to develop film on it in college, and have shot weddings and road trips and babies and rock bands with it. Sure, it has a few beauty marks. The eyepiece is crusty and there is a big light leak in the back that gets covered up with wide, blue strips of tape. I have never been very interested in my DSLR and have some serious aversions to the way it handles, leaving it's use exclusively dedicated to food photos. This film camera makes much more sense to me. It is heavy, focuses well, and puts out some surprising (sometimes successful) results. Yesterday I bought a bunch of recently expired film on the cheap so hopefully I'll get some more photos up on the blog soon. For now here are two, the above a red coconut curry with potatoes, peppers, and broccoli, and below, an arugula and white bean salad on a patio in Greenpoint.


Looking forward to the coming weekend!
With one good eye,
NRG

No comments:

Post a Comment