July 3, 2012

The Veganette for Earth Eats: Arepas


Arepas! I fell in love with these little stuffed corn pockets at Caracas, where they serve up delicious arepas to hungry New Yorkers of all dietary preferences. Pull up a milk crate in their charming garden and order a Leek Jardinera with Tofu and Avocado or try your hand at making your own! I'm still learning the art of perfect arepas but for now I am pleased with these sloppy, irregular pockets. By request, this was my second consecutive year making a Venezuelan meal for my New Mexican hosts who filled the pockets with Sundried Tomatoes, Leeks, Onions, Beans, Sweet Potatoes, and Avocados. You can find the recipe on the Earth Eats blog-
http://indianapublicmedia.org/eartheats/farm-fresh-arepas/.

Enjoy,
NRG

No comments:

Post a Comment