April 12, 2013

Soy-Free Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache


Spring is finally here! We have witnessed some warm strapless park days this week, full of light and sound. Some big changes are on the way for me- I am deep in the search for a new community to live with, a new corner to lay my head. If you, dear NYC readers, know of any kind, collaborative people looking for a resident bundt cake baker, please let me know!

It's been years since I originally posted the recipe for this lovely cake that I (perhaps too frequently) still love to make. This time I mixed in a cup of chocolate chips to double the chocolate ratio. It's perfect company for a sloshy, rain-filled April day spent inside. Whisk this baby into the oven, turn on the kettle, open a book, and the next thing you know you will be carving slivers off the moist, monumental tower blanketed in thick, warm ganache. Are you preheating your oven yet?

The original post with recipe is linked here. To make the ganache, heat 2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips with 1/3 cup almond milk and 2 Tbs. maple syrup in a double boiler, whisking constantly to combine. Pour over cooled cake and top with slivered almonds!

Yours,
NRG

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that cake is a work of delicious art.

    ReplyDelete