January 14, 2014

Mindful Dishwashing


In his beloved text, Miracle of Mindfulness, Thich Nhat Hanh  speaks of simple ways to maintain consciousness in all aspects of our lives, even in the most mundane of moments. This year I am encouraging mindfulness to pervade through my days so that I can be more present with my thoughts and with those around me (read- leave the iPhone at home). This is a photo of my sweet friend CB's dish-washing station in Michigan. She cultivates many plants in her sill that are great company for sudsy sessions. I make a lot of dishes when I cook, so mindful dishwashing will be a challenge that I will be able to spend significant time practicing.


A bunch of new photos are up on the tumblr. Check them out!

From a cloud of raindrops,
NRG

No comments:

Post a Comment